Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Project Club - September 2011 » Silver Springs «

Originally this post was from the Dimension Fourth Project Club, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.  I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

I thought the panels worked really well for a frame, they would look nice on any wall.  I was going to do an 8x8 card because the square that the foliage panels form measures 7x7, and with some backing papers it would have filled the card front up, sometimes I feel a bit daunted having to fill an empty space lol.  So in the end I thought I’d use the foliage frame for a scrapbook page, I haven’t done one in a while.

I stamped the leaf panel in Memento – Cottage Ivy ink, just before stamping I used one of my Memento Pens – Potter’s Clay just on the branches, I lined up the edges and stamped it all on one piece of card.  I used the Krystal Tips upper and lowercase alphabet (Dimension Fourth ref: 2400012a) and Memento – Tuxedo Black for the title, using the foliage stamp inner section for the title background, taking care not to ink the edges of the panel and using second generation ink.  Looking through my holiday snaps I chose the four photo’s you see on the page.  The centre one is my daughter Hanni taking a photo, while my husband David takes a photo of us at the same time, she didn’t know he was there lol.  The top photo on the left is of Suzan, Les, (some mad friends of ours J), David, me and Hanni, we were sat on a safari bus and I got everyone to sit like that so Hanni could take a photo, trust me not to look lol.  The middle photo is one of the glass bottom boats we went on, and the bottom photo is David and myself messing about Once cut out I used some dark green card to matt the photo’s and the title.  Having a look though my stash I found some blue and green paper that set the colour scheme for the rest of the page.  I coloured the leaves on the panels with two different green ProMarkers, and used a pale green to add a bit of shadow, I used a dark green ProMarker to rough colour both inner and outer edges of the square.  I used my Big and Juicy  - Waterfall ink pad to dust a bit of colour onto the frame, before cutting the middle out.  On the backing paper I used Distress Ink – Shabby Shutters all around the edges.  To assemble – I cut an 8x8 piece of white card and using double sided tape added the backing paper.  I then added the centre photo to the foliage frame before attaching to one side of the page with double sided tape.  Because I didn’t quite match up the bottom panels when stamping I stuck the title over it with double sided tape, you can’t tell that it’s a bit wonky behind there can you I used two different coloured pieces of green ribbon just folded in half and attached to the page using silicone glue, I also used silicone glue to add the photo’s.  To finish I used some green gems and mitred the ribbon.


Thanks for looking J

No comments:

Post a Comment