Wednesday, 14 September 2011

Project Club - September 2011 » Autumn Leaves «

Originally this post was from the Dimension Fourth Project Club, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.  I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

Yet another card that didn’t turn out like I wanted lol, I kept changing bits, cutting pieces out, well you’ll see if you read on I used a cream for the base card.  I wanted to use a black card for the front but it looked awful, I wasn’t happy with my gold embossing on the black card, so I had a look in my stash and came across a paper stack that I’ve had for years, it’s a gold foreground and different shades on the backgrounds.  I used the gold with the brown background as you can see, and then matted it onto gold mirri card, using the same for the card base.  Because of the busy background I used the wheat panel stamp which I stamped onto the cream card using a VersaColor inch ink pad in Bronze (I wanted to use copper originally but I can’t find it) and then embossed using clear embossing powder, I used the same for the sentiment, just inking one of the wheat stalks to stamp at ether side of the text.  Onto brown card I used the text stamp with VersaMark and embossed with clear embossing powder, I did enough to cut out three Nestabilities - Nested Maple Leaves.  I cut out three of the leaves in gold using the outside edge of the die.  For the swirls at the front I used a Joy Craft die, and used the Bronze ink on the raised bits before removing it from the die, I didn’t like the full piece it looked a bit too much, so I cut out just the top and bottom bits of the swirl to use on the front of the card.  To assemble I used a glue tape runner to matt and layer the paper to the mirri.  For the stamped images I used a light dusting of Distress Ink – Antique Linen around all the edges before using the glue tape runner to attach it to the front.  On the back of the leaves I used foam pads at the top and a glue tape runner on the bottom giving the leaves a slant when attached to the card.  The cut out swirls were attached using silicon glue.  To finish the sentiment was attached using foam pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment