Friday, 16 September 2011

Gold poinsettia

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

For this easel card I used a cream for the base card, the matting is a gold mirri card and the embossing powder is Gold Tinsel, using the VersaMark ink pad. I used the three poinsettia stamps from the ‘tis the Season’ stamp set from Dimension Fourth ref: 2400037a. I stamped the first layer of the poinsettias randomly over an A5 piece of cream card, then embossed them before stamping the second layer, then again embossed before stamping the poinsettia middle sections. I cut up the now stamped background into two pieces and using Distress Ink – Antique Linen, I lightly inked all around the edges before matting onto the gold mirri card to form the front, and the base of the card. Onto another piece of cream card I stamped and embossed the largest poinsettia section twice, separately, the same with the middle section, twice, and the centre was stamped and embossed once. Once cut out I lightly inked with the Antique Linen and slightly shaped the leaves before sticking together using silicone glue. I cut out the largest Nestabilities circle die in cream, inking with the Antique Linen, then the largest scalloped circle in the gold mirri card. The sentiment is from the ‘All I want for Christmas’ stamp set from Dimension Fourth ref: 2400006a, I stamped and embossed then cut out and inked around the edges again with the Antique Linen ink before matting onto the gold mirri. I cut out four mini poinsettias from my Marianne Design dies and slightly inked them before using some silicone glue to attach all the poinsettias and the sentiment to the card.

2 comments:

  1. You have been a busy bee - with this set of stamps - lovely colourway on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete