Friday, 16 September 2011

David

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

I used the ‘Plain Alphabet’ (Dimension Fourth ref: 1801012a) for the name on this card.  I stamped the letters using VersaFine – Onyx Black and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I then used the largest tree in ‘The Adorable Snowmen’ (Dimension Fourth ref: 2400051a) stamp set, just because the stamps were still on my desk J  I then used the Distress Ink – Peeled Paint lightly over the letters before cutting them out.  I stuck them onto some black mirri card and used my inverted corner punch before attaching to some gold mirri card.  The background paper is one of my favourites, its from Graphic 45 and is part of their ‘Steampunk Debutante Collection’, I don’t often use it as its one of those papers that you get out of your stash, look at it a few times, stroke it and put it way, how sad is that lol, but I really really like Graphic 45.  I used the inverted corner punch on the corners of the background and mounted it onto some gold mirri.  I used the Spellbinders – Sprightly Sprockets from the Donna Salazar collection and it’s the first time I’ve used them, I’m really pleased with them so will be using those again.  I attached some metal brads to the corners before assembling the card using silicone glue.  This was quite a quick card to do.

1 comment:

  1. Jackie this card looked brilliant on the telly!

    ReplyDelete