Wednesday, 7 September 2011

Christmas cards

Hellloooo, not been here for a while, I have been having holidays, illness (as usual L lol) and a big five-omg birthday, ‘its just a number’ I keep telling myself lol.  Anyway, I have also been doing some crafty stuff, I’ve been getting into my melting pot (not literally), messy inky/sticky stuff (more about that in a later post), mostly doing lots of colouring for Christmas cards.  I thought I’d show you some of the ones I’ve been doing for my daughter Hanni, a lot of them are still in bits so I will be posting as and when.

For this set of cards I used the Stamposaurus - Nativity Stamps, in fact that’s all I’ve been colouring.  I used my reverse easel card shape, I like this shape for the longer images, all you need to do is score your A4 card at 4” and at 8” this leaves the smallest bit of the card for the base, this card fits in a standard DL envelope.  I stamped three of the Nativity scenes with Memento – Tuxedo Black and coloured with ProMarkers, just mixing the colours so no card was the same.  For the background I used a sheet of text with ‘Season’s Greeting’ on it and just inked around the edges with Distress Ink – Shabby Shutters.  I left one of the cards with a square corner and mounted the topper onto glitter card, another one I rounded the top two corners and on the third I rounded all four corners before mounted onto the glitter card.  For the text on the back of the card I used the ‘Season’s Greetings’ stamp from Dimension Fourth, it comes in the ‘Festive Wonder’ set.  To finish off I used two wooden silver stars for the stoppers, I’ve had them for years, I got them and some other wooden embellishments from B&Q of all places.
Thanks for looking J

No comments:

Post a Comment