Monday, 1 August 2011

My sister’s engagement

My sister has just got engaged so this is the card I made for them.  I used white for my base card, the backing card is from a stack I’d had from ages ago and it just keeps going and going.  I used Martha Stewart punches on the white background and the border on the base.  I used black mirri for the base stopper and for the embossed topper.  I think the embossed pattern is from Spellbinders but I’m not too sure.  Quite a while ago I went to a friend’s house for a craft session and we all took our dies and embossing stuff, so Suzan, Rita and I used each others stuff and this is from the bag of bits I have.  The alphabet bits are from my stash also, and I’ve had them for ages, I think I brought them back from a trip to Florida, the gems in the names are already attached to the letters and the ‘S’ is a plain chipboard that I stamped some script onto.  The butterflies are from ‘The Works’ and only cost me a pound for eight, and to finish off I put three gems in the other corners.  Oh and the text on the stopper has been printed out using the Lucida Calligraphy font.
Thanks for looking J

1 comment:

  1. Thats lovely Jackie .
    God bless our stashes they always come to our rescue lol.

    ReplyDelete