Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Yellow Rose

I made this card thinking it was my friend Dot’s birthday today, how wrong I was, it was in fact yesterday.  I thought I was being good and posting it through her letterbox last night, so she could open it today, thank goodness I took it round when I did J so I’m taking her for lunch on Thursday.  Another piece of good fortune was that her favourite flower is the rose, so I was really lucky lol

I used white for the base card, gold mirri for the matt and a piece of yellow swirl paper from a scrap pad I’ve had for years for the background, I used Distress Ink – Spiced Marmalade on the edge of the paper.  Using a piece of white card I punched all around the edge with Martha Stewart punches.  Using Memento – Tuxedo Black I stamped the rose three times (Dimension fourth ref: 2400032a – Floral Fantasy set) and the happy birthday (Dimension Fourth ref: 0502013a – Birthday Words), stamping the happy birthday twice without re-inking to give a shadow effect.  I coloured the rose in with ProMarkers, then cut out the rose itself, then the middle section of the last stamped rose.  I used a Sakura Glaze pen on the top two layers of the rose and once dry stuck in place using silicone glue.

No comments:

Post a Comment