Thursday, 21 July 2011

Sliding on the ice

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

I used white for the base card and made this card into a squeezee card with an acetate front.  Onto a white piece of card I stamped the snowy hill using Memento – Tuxedo Black, then masked it off using a Post-It note, and then stamping the bear so it looked like it was behind the hill.  I wanted to make the bottom section of this card into ice so I coloured it in using a pale blue ProMarker and covering it with glitter, I then matted onto some silver mirri, I added some ribbon before sticking to the base card with double sided tape.  Onto another piece of white card I stamped the sentiment, the large polar bear and a small polar bear, after cutting them out I inked around the edges of the sentiment and using silicone glue stuck it to the ice, and the small polar bear was stuck on the hill next to the other bear.  I wanted to decorate the front panels but wasn’t sure what to use, they are only small so not much was needed, so I stuck some double sided tape on and was going to use just the one colour of glitter but thought I’d have a mess with two.  I peeled off the tape covering and cut it into small pieces so I could re-cover the double sided tape leaving gaps, in these gaps I used the white glitter first, and then after removing the small bits of tape coverings I used the blue glitter, giving the candy twist effect.  I then added the acetate and using silicone glue added the largest of the polar bears to the front of the acetate.

No comments:

Post a Comment