Friday, 8 July 2011

Project Club – July 2011 » Spot the Cupcake «

Originally this post was from the Dimension Fourth Project Club, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.  I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

For the base card I used some white card that has red spots on, and thought it would work with the cupcakes I've used for this card.   I stamped three bases and their tops onto some white card using VersaFine – Onyx Black and embossed with clear embossing powder, I coloured with ProMarkers and cut out leaving a white border around them.  I was going to use some glitter glue for the dots but in my drawer I found some red Anita’s 3D Dimensional Paint so used that instead (I knew I needed it when I bought it, years ago lol). I found some red linen look mirri card in my stash so cut it to fit the front. The cupcakes looked a bit lost and thought a bit of ribbon would help, I was going to put it across the top of the mirri card but it didn't look right so I stamped and embossed the sentiment and put that there instead, I used the VersaFina black and clear embossing powder and just stuck it on with double sided tape. Having a rummage in my ribbon drawer (yes I do have a lot of drawers) I found some thin 3mm red satin ribbon with white dots on, perfect, it came from http://www.ribbonbox.co.uk/ but I did get it via a Harrogate show. I made a little bow and stuck the ends round the back of the cupcake, but they still needed a bit of something so I cut out some swirls from a Marianne Design die and using ProMarkers coloured them to match the cupcakes.
That's it for July's Project club, hope you enjoy using your stamps.
Happy crafting J

Jackie x

1 comment:

  1. Jackie it looks like you had fun with the cup cake stamp - cannot wait for mine to arrive!

    ReplyDelete