Friday, 8 July 2011

Project Club – July 2011 » Dad «

Originally this post was from the Dimension Fourth Project Club, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.  I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

Dad’s like cupcakes too, so I thought this one would not be too fussy for a man’s card. The paper I used for the wrap around background was just right for the colours I wanted to use. To make the cupcake – using Memento – Tuxedo Black ink I stamped the base onto white card, I also stamped it onto a Post-It note to make a mask for the outside of the base, saving the inside cupcake base for another project. I then stamped the cupcake top to fit the base, but I removed the ink from the stamp at middle bit of the rounded top so I could then stamp the candle. Using the mask I covered up the outside edge of the cupcake base and using my Krystal Tips – Transport Theme stamps stamped the motorbike over the base, doing this meant that no stray ink would go onto the attached cupcake top and because I wanted to leave a white border around the base. I then coloured the finished cupcake with ProMarkers. To make Dad lol – using white card I stamped the lowercase ‘a’ first then stamped it again on a Post-It note to make a mask. I cut out the Post-It ‘a’ and covered the ‘a’ on the white card, then just stamped the ‘D’ and the ‘d’ on either side, remove the mask and the ‘a’ is at the front. To stamp the motorbike I just used some scrap paper and covered the edges a bit at a time, making sure I didn’t go over the lines, I then coloured it in using ProMarkers. I cut around both the cupcake and the ‘Dad’ then coloured the white edge with a very pale green ProMarker. I used a Nestabilities shape (Labels Ten) for the cupcake background, and stamped the happy birthday on a curve to match the shape. I attached the cupcake and the ‘Dad’ with silicone glue and to finish off I used some green Papermania Dew Drops.

The Krystal Tips range of stamps are really good for allsorts of backgrounds and as you can see are really useful for the alphabet stamps and any other open areas, you just need to mask them first. The Krystal Tips I used for this card are of a Transport Theme, and they include two cars, an aeroplane, a rocket, a spaceman, a tractor, a lorry, two vans and the motorbike, making them really useful for men and boy’s cards. I don’t have product reference for them but if you’d like them just give Dimension Fourth a ring (01226 630049) and they’ll know exactly what you mean. For the ‘Dad’ title, I used the Plain Alphabet (ref: 1801012a) and the Plain Lower Case Alphabet (ref: 1801014a) stamp sets.
Thanks for looking J

No comments:

Post a Comment