Friday, 8 July 2011

Project Club – July 2011 » Cindy Loo «

Originally this post was from the Dimension Fourth Project Club, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.  I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

I noticed that Aly had a Cindy Loo cartridge for her Cricut and as I’ve been thinking about getting it, asked if I could borrow it on a try before I buy sort of thing, luckily for me she said ‘yes’ and as it happens I will be getting it after all. One section of the cartridge has frames, so using some textured card in two shades of pink I cut out the frame for this card and used black for the matt. For the base card I used black card, I used cream card and Distress Ink – Spun Sugar to ink around the edges for the card front, base and the background, then stamped the hundreds and thousands (sprinkles) stamp randomly using VersaMark and dusted some gold and some pink mica powder over it. I stamped the cupcake onto white card with Memento – Tuxedo Black and coloured in with ProMarkers, I then cut it out and matted it onto some black card, I used some pink confetti bits that are used for shaker cards etc. and some clear drying glue to attach them, sprinkling with some pink glitter to finish. The ribbon slider stopper is from the Shapeabilities – Ribbon Tags Trio set, I cut one cream and one pink, then stamped the happy birthday onto the cream and cut around the embossed shape before sticking it onto the pink. I used the die to draw around onto black card, cut it out and mounted the pink onto it before adding the ribbon (from http://www.ribbonbox.co.uk/). To assemble, I used some Photoglue to stick the pink flourish onto the frame and used some more of the ribbon around one side of the frame and stuck down with double sided tape. I used foam tape to stick the stopper in place, silicone glue for the cupcake and double sided tape everywhere else. Once stuck together I wasn't happy with the card and felt it needed something else, so using a black Memento pen I did some faux stitching around the stopper, on the base of the card and the frame, then to finish I used the black pen to draw around the edge of the flourish.

No comments:

Post a Comment