Sunday, 3 July 2011

Musical Baubles

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

I had some snowflake ribbon in my stash so I stuck it onto some of the rainbow mirri card, doing this set the size of the cut off area from the front of the card.  I had a piece of blue paper with a darker edge and some stars around it, so I stamped the snow people down one side of the paper giving a darker side to the bauble and leaving some of the stars in.  I used the Nestabilities – Standard Circles Large dies to cut out the snow people and used the same die to draw around so the rainbow mirri card wasn’t too big a border round the baubles.  I then stamped the snow people onto white card and coloured in using ProMarkers, I cut them out and stuck them over the stamped images, much easier not having to cut all the fiddly bits out.  The left over blue paper was cut to size then using Distress Ink – Tumbled Glass and the Tattered Angles – Vintage Season’s Winter Crystals stencils I inked over the snowflake stencil’s, then used the ‘Fa la la la la’ text randomly on the background, again using the Tumbled Glass.  I have some shiny 3mm ribbon from www.ribbonbox.co.uk so used this down the front before attaching it to the white base card.  The little bows match quite well and they were from www.meiflower.co.uk I always stock up and the Mei Flower bows, charms etc. from the craft shows I go to, the last being the Doncaster Dome.

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow this is fab, can I go on your Christmas card list :o) (there's nothing like a bit of cheek!) Jo x

    ReplyDelete