Thursday, 21 July 2011

Red and White

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

I’ve been asked if I could post some of the ‘Polar Playtime FaB’ samples I did for Dimension Fourth, these were quite a while ago so I’ll try and remember what I used to make them. 

For this card I wanted to use the colour red because that was my Christmas Tree theme for the year. I couldn’t find any red paper with snowflakes on so I had to make some using Photoshop, so I graduated the paper from the red to white and used a snowflake brush. I used a white base card, onto a piece of red card I used a cut white diagonal card and then tucked my red and white paper behind it. I scored two lines either side of the centre panel. Onto a piece of white card I stamped the polar bear and the sign post using Memento – Tuxedo Black and coloured in with ProMarkers, and used a blue ink, a wavy cut piece of scrap card and some Cut-N-Dry to make the clouds, then matted it onto red card. Onto another piece of white I stamped the bears face, hat, the snow at the top of the sign post as well as the snow at the bottom of the post, I coloured then in again with ProMarkers and added some glitter before attaching to the card with silicone glue. I stamped the sentiment onto white card and matted it onto the red, adding two small red brads before attaching to the card with foam tape. I added some red Papermania – Dew Drops to the top of the card but it still didn’t look right so using a fine red pen I added the faux stitching. The hat was from the freebie box at Dimension Fourth.
This is a picture of the bit of scrap card I use for all my clouds.  Just make a shape up and use it as a template.



No comments:

Post a Comment