Thursday, 7 July 2011

Glitter card

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

I cut the front off this 6x6 white base card and left a 2cm border. I cut out a piece of acetate to fit the card front and using Archival Ink – Jet Black I stamped the snow people. I used two pieces of left over scraps of white card for the snow, I ripped along the edges, one for the back, which was a little higher than the other which was for the front. I then stamped the ‘Snow is falling’ text first in blue then in black, this gives a nice blue shadow to the text. Using a Quickie Glue pen and some glitter on the raw edges of the ripped card I stuck them either side of the acetate, making sure the snow people would be able to stand on the snow. Then using some of the strong red tape I stuck the acetate under the 2cm border, I then used some white paper on the inside of the border to cover the untidy tape marks. I used a silver peel off border around the acetate and cut out two icicle borders from a Marianne die, on one I used a Quickie Glue pen and added some glitter, this was for the front of the card and the one for the back I left plain, I stuck them in place using the strong red tape. On another piece of white card I stamped out the front and backs of all three of the snow people using Memento – Tuxedo Black and coloured them in using ProMarkers before cutting them out, I didn’t need to bother about cutting the music or the holly and other stray bits and pieces because I’d already stamped onto the acetate in the first place. Once cut out I stuck them onto the acetate with silicone glue. I used a Quickie Glue pen on some white candies and added some glitter, then stuck them onto the border with foam pads. To finish the front off I used the glue pen and randomly draw some wispy lines around the ‘Snow is falling’ text and added some more glitter.
For the inside of the card I used the white card that I’d cut off the front of the base card and stamped the Season’s Greeting first in blue then in black to give it the blue shadow. I then used the Cuttlebug folder – Snowflakes to emboss the top part of the card, adding an embossed line at the bottom to neaten the edge of the embossing. I used a Quickie Glue pen on the embossed snowflakes and added some glitter before matting onto some silver paper.
Thanks for looking J

2 comments:

  1. Wow Jackie, this is fabulous. Thanks for the details of how you made it. I love the embossing on the inside, finishes it all so well. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. I never saw those kind of stamps!

    ReplyDelete