Sunday, 3 July 2011

Framed Snow People

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

For this card I used my cutting machine and re-sized a shape to make it fit the snow people, it was a bit of a pfaff but I wanted to see how it turned out.  I used white for the base card and next time I do a card like this I’ll make the front wider so I can wrap the extra bit around the back instead of tucking it behind the rainbow mirri at the front as I wanted a side opening A5 card instead of a tent folded card, I live and learn lol.  So I cut my shape through the base card, rainbow mirri, some paper from Pink Petticoat – Large Snowflakes and some black card for the frame (I put a deep shadow on the black card).  I then stamped the three snow people onto acetate using Archival Ink – Jet Black and again onto some white card using Memento – Tuxedo Black so I could colour in using some ProMarkers.  Once coloured in I cut out both the fronts and the backs of the snow people and with a Quickie Glue pen added some glitter.  I stamped ‘Happy Christmas’ with the Tuxedo Black and matted onto some of the rainbow mirri card.  To assemble the card I first stuck the acetate onto the white base card with some of the red strong double sided tape, and then stuck the front and back base card together, I then matted the paper and the mirri card with the snowflake stamped frame on top, making sure all the openings matched, the frame was stamped with VersaMark and embossed with detail white embossing powder.
The inside of the card is the left over shape from the white base card matted onto a shaped rainbow mirri card.  I stamped the trees onto the white card with VersaMark ink and embossed with detail white embossing powder, I then inked the background of the trees with the Big and Juicy – Waterfall ink pad, I then scribbled with the Quickie Glue pen and added some glitter, after lining up the shapes I stuck the tree background on with double sided tape.  Finally I added the snow people with silicone glue and the sentiment with foam pads.



2 comments:

  1. Another fab card Jackie, I love them all. Jo x

    ReplyDelete