Thursday, 21 July 2011

Decorating the tree

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

I used white for the base card and the background papers are digi papers from Pink Petticoat, they have been matted onto silver mirri.  I added a bead and snowflake trim either side of the topper.  For the topper I stamped the tree first using Memento – Tuxedo Black, then masked it with Post-It notes before stamping the ‘back’ of the polar bear, standing up decorating the tree, I used ProMarkers to give a bit of shading and added some glitter for a snowy effect.  I punched some holes and threaded some silver fibre thread that just looked like tinsel, around the tree and ending in the paws of the bear.  On another piece of white card I stamped the ‘front’ polar bear and again used ProMarkers, then added foam pads to stand him to the front of the tree.  The star I coloured and used some Glossy Accents to give it a shine, I stamped the sentiment and coloured with ProMarkers.  To finish I used some silver gems in the corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment