Thursday, 21 July 2011

Brown bears

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

I used some white card for the base of this stepper card and cover it with some swirly blue and white paper, it looked like water splashing all over so I thought the polar bears could be brown.  I used Memento – tuxedo Black and stamped four of the hills and made them into rocks in the water and two of the small FaB and one of the large FaB bears and coloured them all with ProMarkers.  I did a search on Google for ‘free fish clipart’ and found these little fish, they did have fins on the underneath but they were a bit fiddly to cut out so I cut them off, I printed a few of these fish out and coloured them.  Once everything was cut out I stuck them to the card with silicone glue, I stuck the fish on the ends of some acetate strips and tucked them into the middle of the bears, then attached the acetate cover and added some of the blue paper to the top so I didn’t have to cover the back of the sentiment.  I used a circle punch and cut out a folded piece of card that I had stamped ‘Dad’ onto using the Krystal Tips alphabet and a brown Distress Ink.  I slide this over the acetate giving an instant cover for the back.  The picture shows a white background, that's only a piece of card stood to cover my keyboard J

Like I said on the first post of these cards, I did do these a while ago, but have been asked to post them anyway.  So Denise I hope you can get some inspiration from them J

Happy crafting and thanks for looking.

 Jackie x

1 comment:

  1. Uhooi,,
    It works great, sweet and creative,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete