Friday, 10 June 2011

June's Project Club stamp set

Originally this post was from the Dimension Fourth Project Club, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.  I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

I love these stamps they are the new Dimension Fourth Project Club stamp set for June, the set comprises of three pieces of text: ‘let’s meet for a drink’, ‘With Love…’ and ‘Chat Coffee’, also in the set is the double door and the lady sitting at the table.  Although it isn’t my month to do the project club I just had to use the stamps and as it was my mother-in-laws birthday recently I couldn’t resist making this card for her.

I wanted to keep the background as plain as possible, as I wanted the stamped images to be the main feature.  I would normally sort out the paper and card before I colour the images but this time I couldn’t wait lol, I was very fortunate to find in my stash some rose pink coloured pearlescent paper that works very well with the colour I used for her dress.  The background paper is from Pink Petticoat and is the ‘Blossom’ colour paper from the ‘Grannies Wallpaper’ set. The swirl paper is also from Pink Petticoat and again the ‘Blossom’ colour this time from the ‘Doodle Swirls’ set.  The happy birthday stamp is one I’ve had for a while and is from Dimension Fourth.  The lady – I stamped her first using Memento – Tuxedo Black onto white card, I then stamped her again onto a couple of Post-It notes to make a mask.  Covering her up using the mask I then stamped the doors, again using the Memento Black, I also used a Memento Marker Pen as I’d not cut out some bits of detail, but I didn’t want a perfect image so I left little bits, if you look around her legs and the chair. Leaving the mask of the lady in place, I then made a mask of the doors and covered them up before stamping the flowers, I used the little group of flowers and a single leaf from the ‘My Favourite Fountain’ stamp set (Dimension Fourth ref: 2400022a) these are very handy to have.  While everything was still masked I used the green ink from the Big and Juicy – Waterfall ink pad and a bit of Cut-N-Dry to colour the grass and used the blue from the same ink pad to colour the sky.  After removing both masks I coloured the lady and doors with ProMarkers, finally I added some gems from my stash to the corners.  At the time of writing this my mother-in-law hasn’t had her birthday so I hope she likes it J
If you would like to join the Project Club have a look on the http://www.dimensionfourthltd.co.uk/ website for details. 

1 comment:

  1. very Chic Jackie love the stamps and what you have done with them Rita

    ReplyDelete