Thursday, 2 June 2011

Beauty Is a State Of Mind - Harlequin

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

This is the new set of stamps from Dimension Fourth and Aly is on Create and Craft this morning at 9am and 2pm this afternoon.

I used a basic black card stock for the base card and some red mirri card.  For the top section, I used a piece of the black card and punched the border with an EK Success punch – Starry Night, then stamped one of the feathery stamps randomly with VersaMark and embossed with clear embossing powder.  For the mask I stamped onto white card with Memento – Tuxedo Black, then with a ruler and Memento Marker Pen (again in the black) marked out some points above and below the mask at 1cm increments before drawing the grid to form the harlequin diamonds and I used ProMarkers to colour.  On the edge of the mask and above the eye’s I used a Quickie Glue pen and some very fine black glitter to add a little sparkle.  For the bottom section I again used the black card and the punch, but felt the card needed a bit of balance so onto white card, I drew and coloured a strip of the harlequin pattern, then cut to size.  I did make a happy birthday greeting it fit in the middle but it looked rubbish, so I stamped onto some acetate using Archival Ink – Jet Black and because I’ve used some foam pads to attach it, I’m getting a nice shadow effect off the red mirri card, I used some of the stars that were the off cuts from the border punch to cover the foam pads.  I didn’t have any black foam pads so I coloured the edges of some white ones with my black Promarker and allowed to dry before using them.  I attached the mask with some silicone glue.
The Dimension Fourth reference number/code for this stamp set is 2400049a and is now available on their website. Thanks for looking J

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie

    can you tell us which Happy Birthday stamp you used from Diemsion Fourth. The card is great

    Many thanks
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pam

    The stamp is part of the 'Beauty is a State of Mind' stamp set. They do have a 'Happy Christmas' one with snowflakes on the sides (ref: 0301041a)which is on the same theme, so the happy birthday may well be sold separately, but I'm only guessing at the moment. If you check back tomorrow Pam I'll have an answer for you.

    Regards
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Pam

    Just been in contact with Faye at Dimension Fourth and the happy birthday stamp will be on the website soon as a single stamp, as yet I don't have a product code for it. Hope this helps.

    Regards
    Jackie :)

    ReplyDelete