Sunday, 17 April 2011

Watercolour Birthday Card

This easel card topper was printed from the My Craft Studio – Countryside Garden CD, I printed it three times and did a bit of decoupage on three of the flowers.  I sized it to fit in the largest of the circle Nestabilities die I have, and used Distress Ink – Scattered Straw on both the circle and the circle scallop matt.  I used watercolour pencils to colour it in, a bit of Sakura green Gelly Roll pen on the leaves and finally used Glossy Accents on the flowers and to add a little bit of a extra shine I lightly sprinkled some Glamour Dust over the wet flowers.  I cut 2 Marianne flourishes and coloured them in with Distress Ink – Peeled Paint.  Lemon card for the base and the front, inked the edges with the Scattered Straw then stamped some script from an Artemio stamp set and again used Scattered Straw ink.  Punched the edge of some flower/leaves vellum with a Martha Stewart punch then attached with gold flower brads, before attaching to the card I stuck some green/gold ribbon across the front.  I did the same for the inside of the card and used Nestabilities – Labels Ten for the happy birthday, edged with the scattered straw.  For the verse I used My Craft Studio – Tattered Lace CD, edged with Scattered Straw and matted onto the script card.


2 comments:

  1. This is a lovely card Jackie those flowers look gorgeous. I'm a big fan of easel cards, they display the image so well. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How stunning, Jackie! Love the soft colours of those ultra pretty flowers. The circle is gorgeous especially on the easel.

    ReplyDelete