Wednesday, 6 April 2011

Pieces of Eight

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

This is the new stamp set from Dimension Fourth and Aly will be on Create and Craft next Tuesday (12th) morning at 8am and then again at 2pm.  There are loads of stamps in this set: the pirate, rowing boat, cannon, treasure chest, a smugglers cave, a quick sand patch, waterfall, peaceful palms, a hook, a treasure sign, a message in a bottle, a foot print and three pieces of text.  I think I got them all, fifteen stamps all together.

For the background I used a dark green card and stamped the text ‘hidden treasure’ and the treasure sign with VersaMark and embossed with clear embossing powder.  For the skull matt I used my Cuttlebug – Skeleton Scroll folder and using VersaMark I roughly smeared it over the embossed image and then embossed using gold embossing powder, I had actually used both gold and silver on the reverse of this matt but it looked rubbish, so I turned it over and just used the gold.  Onto white card I stamped the pirate and coloured him with ProMarkers and on a separate piece of white I stamped the treasure chest, again colouring with ProMarkers.  The corners were cut with my inverted corner punch and the gold gems are from Create and Craft, they are the Mosaic Stickers.  I stuck the skull matt down with silicone glue because of all the embossed rubbish on the back I wanted to make sure it stuck fast. J

I found the scroll background and the map in my digi stash, I have had them for a long time, and they’re not with a kit or anything so I’ve no idea who may have made them originally.  I inked the edge of the base card and the ripped map with Distress Ink – Vintage Photo, while they dried I cut out the scroll and I stamped the boat and the text onto the scroll using VersaFine – Onyx Black and embossed with detail clear embossing powder, and then coloured the boat with Promarkers.  I attached both the scroll and the map with double sided tape.  On another piece of white card I stamped the pirate and coloured him again with ProMarkers before attaching him with silicone glue.

This card was David’s (hubby) idea, I’d shown him the new set of stamps and he suggested a fancy dress party.  I found some stripe paper in my stash for the background.  For the bunting I used Microsoft Word on my computer and the triangle from the basic shapes, I measured the Krystal Tips Alphabet and made the triangle 2cm wide and the height was 2.5cm, once printed I cut out all the shapes and stamped the letters.  On a white piece of card I stamped the pirate, the old man and an old lady from ‘The Wrinklies’ (Dimension Fourth ref: 2400046a) stamp set, masked them before stamping the fairy from ‘Down at the bottom of the garden’ (Dimension Fourth ref: 2400024a) and one of the ‘Sassy Ladies’ (Dimension Fourth ref: 2400015a).  I coloured them all in using ProMarkers.  The bunting was attached to the card with double sided tape and every alternate one with foam pads.


I used a pale blue textured card for my base card and inked around all the edges using Distress INK – Broken China, I wanted it to look at bit like water.  I then used some brown paper from my stash for the map and side panel, I cut them to size before I stamped the bits and pieces, I then drew some mountains and trees with a Memento Pen to fill in the map and actually give it a reason why the footprints have to walk the way they do, I then coloured everything in with ProMarkers.  I then ripped all around the edges and used the Distress Ink – Vintage Photo to give a burnt edge effect.  Before I stuck the map onto the base card I roughly lifted the edges to make it look a little more tatty.  On the panel I used the ‘Happy Birthday’ stamp with VersaMark and then used detail gold embossing powder before I ripped the edges etc. same as the map.  On a piece of white card I stamped the pirate and coloured him in with my ProMarker before cutting him out and using silicone glue attached him to the card.



1 comment:

  1. Jackie - caught Ali and Dean on the 8am show this morning - and saw some of this great cards in the "flesh" - brilliant - Susan

    ReplyDelete