Wednesday, 20 April 2011

New set from Dimension Fourth - Wrinklies Beach Party

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

This is the new set of stamps from Dimension Fourth (they remind me of Bournemouth lol) and Aly is on Create and Craft tomorrow (Thursday 21st) at 9am and 2pm. There’s loads in this set: a party girl, handbag, balloons, a cake, confetti, a pair of sunbathers (lady in deckchair and a gent stood on the sand), two sandcastles, an ice-cream, a lolly, two seagulls, a starfish, a shell, sun cream, a beach hut and four pieces of text.  Like I said loads, I don’t think I’ve missed anything out lol.

Last year my daughter got some advertising stuff through the door and before throwing it all away she gave me one bit of it and suggested I make a card using the idea.  Well here it is, I just needed something appropriate to put on it, what do you think?


I used some brown card for the chair, I did all my measurements to do a template then cut it out using my Cricut Expression machine.  Then using my Photoshop Elements software made some deck chair paper.  I used Nestabilities – Label one for the toppers and stamped all the images using Memento – Tuxedo Black, I then did some masking, colouring with ProMarker and inked the backgrounds with Distress Ink – Tumbled Glass for the sky and Memento – Desert Sand for the sand.  I used a basic black card stock for all the matts just to make all the images stand out more.  The happy birthday stamp is one I’ve had for ages and it’s from Dimension Fourth and I used the Shapeabilities – Double Ended Tags die and finished it off with two red Papermania Dew Drops.

I used some blue textured cardstock for the matts on this card and used my Cricut Expression machine to cut them out using the Winter Woodland cartridge, I used an orange textured cardstock for both the border and background..  All the images are stamped using Memento – Tuxedo Black and coloured in using ProMarkers.  The sand at the bottom of the card is an embossed Mulberry like paper that I inked with the Memento – Desert Sands and for the water and sky I used the Distress Ink – Tumbled Glass.

I had a rummage through my card and paper bits and pieces draw and found some purple glitter card, just enough for the diamond.  I punched the corners with one of my old punches and put some lilac card on the back of the stars.  I also have a draw with cut shapes and that’s where I found the circle, so I stamped the party girl with Memento – Tuxedo Black and coloured in with ProMarkers.  I did the confetti in the background with VersaMark and Cosmic Shimmer Mica Powders.  I used a Sakura Gelly Roll pen to add the faux stitching on both the circle and the sentiment.  Last of all I added some of my very very small gems for her ear-rings, necklace, bracelet and hair band before attaching the circle with silicone glue.

I used plain white as the card base for this shutter card, I wanted to keep to soft colours as much as possible.  I stamped in Memento – Tuxedo Black and again inked the sky with Distress Ink – Tumbled Glass and the sand with Memento – Desert Sand, I coloured all the images with ProMarkers.  I matted everything onto a rainbow mirri card.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie - just watching your cards on the tv, how exciting. They're fab, the deckchair is such a great idea. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie - lovely samples as always - particularly the deck chair and the shutter card. Won't get to see them in the "flesh" :( as I am at work today when Ali is on - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jackie, these stamps are great, thanks for the inspirational ideas love Julie x

    ReplyDelete