Sunday, 3 April 2011

Mother's Day Card

This is the mother’s day card I made for my mother-in-law this year and I only made it last night.  My hubby (David) went to the shop last thing so the flowers we bought would be as fresh as possible, so I waited to see what he came back with.  He’d bought some pink tulips so that set the theme for this card, what a night we had, a power cut half way through me cutting out the flowers and leaves put a hold on everything.  K  Once service was resumed our laser printer wouldn’t work and the insert hadn’t even been printed, our other colour printer doesn’t like to work at all from my computer, so he had to do it for me on his machine.  Poor David was running up and downstairs like someone possessed trying to get our network and the printer up and running.  Why does a 5 minute job last all night lol?  After all the drama my mother-in-law said she really liked the card and that’s all that matters J

Anyway, this is the card.  Quite a while ago I’d bought a card/paper/vellum stack pad and it has three colours in it blue, pink and lilac, so all the sheets coordinate really well.  I used a pink and white card for the background, and then using white and a Martha Stewart punch did the edge of three sides of the card as the fourth edge was under the topper.  Then from my stack pad I used some matching vellum to go over the white.  I used the ‘Floral Fantasy’ stamp set from Dimension Fourth ref: 2400032a, there are four flowers on this set: a rose, a poppy, a poppy corner and the tulip.  Once I’d measured the tulip stamp, I cut out the white oval on my Cricut and used a pale pink piece of textured cardstock for the scalloped matt, also cut out on my Cricut.  I stamped three layers on the flowers, one flower on each layer and coloured them with ProMarkers to match the colour of the flowers we'd bought her, then stuck them on using silicone glue.  The acrylic roses are from my stash and I have had them for ages, so using silicone glue stuck them to the corner and used candies for the top corner, I thought it needed balancing out a bit.  The ‘Mum’ is stamped and matted on the pale pink and to finish off I used Glossy Accents on the tulips.

2 comments:

  1. It's a beautiful card Jackie, I'm not surprised your mother-in-law liked it. What a performance getting it ready though, these things always happen at the most inopportune moment don't they?
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. They certainly do, its just my luck, things seem to go down hill for a while then for some reason things start looking up leading me into a false sense of security I’m sure lol Thanks Jo
    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete