Tuesday, 29 March 2011

Sympathy Card

David’s (hubby) uncle has passed away and the funeral is on Friday so I’ve made this sympathy card, I always find it hard to make one of these so wanted to keep it as plain as possible.  I used pale blue for my base card and a punched edged piece of white card for the first layer, the punch is one of the Martha Stewart range and I used the same white card and punched edge for the insert.  The floral paper is from the ‘Forever Friends – Black & Gold Collection CD’ and I used an inverted punch on both of the top corners.  I matt and layered some more of the floral and white card for the topper and wanted to stamp ‘Thinking of You’ but I haven’t got that stamp, I had actually convinced myself I had but hey ho, so I had to write it myself, I used a Sakura pen – Blue Star and did a slight shadow using a pale grey ProMarker.  I attached some ribbon from my stash before sticking the topper in place.  Using Joy Craft dies I cut out two butterflies and lightly inked the wings with Distress Ink – Tumbled Glass and attached to the card with glue dots.  I tied a ribbon knot and finished off with some blue gems.

1 comment:

  1. This is a beautiful card Jackie. These are such difficult cards to make and you've got this perfect. The sentiment looks great too, you're braver than me to do it freehand. Jo x

    ReplyDelete