Tuesday, 29 March 2011

Quick Birthday Card

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped. 

Quite a while ago I‘d bought a goody bag from the Craftwork Cards stall at Harrogate, it must have been two years ago and I still have some bits of it left.  The bag was a pink, cream and gold theme, so when Hanni (my daughter) asked if I could make a card for her I went straight to this.  The card blank, envelope, baking paper, embossed frame, candies and the sentiment are all from the goody bag.  I used Distress Ink – Old Paper to highlight the embossed flowers on the frame, also around the edges on the centre square and I used it to colour the coat of the lady.  The centre stamp is from the ‘Fabulously Feminine’ stamp set from Dimension Fourth ref: 2400030a.  I stamped her in VersaMark and then embossed using detail gold embossing powder.  I used a gold Sakura Metallic Gelly Roll pen for the little dots on the frame, as well as for the middle flower.  Using a gold flower brad I layered the flower pieces together with the sentiment in the middle, the sentiment is in fact shaped like a handbag so the brad went through the handle.  I finished the card off by placing the candies in the other three corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment