Wednesday, 23 March 2011

The Wrinklies

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

This is the new set from Dimension Fourth and will be on Create and Craft on Sunday the 27th of this month at 10am.  It consists of five pieces of text and three elderly people.

Using white pearlescent card I punched down one edge with an EK Success punch then folded the card into a DL, I added a silver strip of mirri card to the underneath.  I cut out all the white square’ish shapes before I stamped the people just to make sure they would all fit.  I used ProMarkers to colour, then matted onto silver and added a bit of Glossy Accents on the earrings, brooch, glasses and over the ‘goes out’ text in the sentiment.  I finished off with some of my new tiny gems on the purple hat pins.

Looking through my scrap box(es) I found some nice off cuts of purple and white small flowery paper, so having another rummage I found some white card with purple swirls and leaves on, so this was my next colour scheme.  I needed a plain’ish background so chose the dots, this is a digital paper and I really use these digi papers a lot.  The paper is from Pink Petticoat and it’s their Doodle Dots http://www.pinkpetticoat.co.uk/boutique_colour_collection.php I used the lovely colour, they are all lovely but the actual colour is called ‘Lovely’ lol.  After cutting the dotty paper to size I inked all the edges with Memento – Lulu Lavender ink before attaching to my base card.  The main shape and both sentiments where stamped on white then matted onto the purple swirl/leaf card and using a Sakura gelly roll pen – Purple Star, I dot and dashed around the edges.  Most of the lady is coloured with ProMarkers and I used the flowery paper to do some paper piecing on her hat and coat.  I just had to finish her off with some Hilda Ogden lips J  I threaded some purple ribbon through the ‘Happy Birthday’ sentiment and frayed the ends, then used the same purple ribbon to add a bow.


I used some paper for the background from a CD called Damask Delights and it’s by Artylicious, there are some really stunning papers on this disc.  I used Distress Ink – Dried Marigold to lightly ink the edges of both the backing paper and the white card with the ladies on.  The small ‘Happy Birthday’ stamp I got from Dimension Fourth and have had it ages, this comes in very handy.  The paper flowers and gem brads I’ve had in my stash for ages.  I bought the leaves from Country Baskets last year, they are actually on a stem and are used to make displays, so I bought two flower stems and one leaf.  Then, once home I dismantled them all, they were all attached to the stem via a plastic backing and they peel off really easily.  There were loads of them, I bought the white and cream colour flowers so I could use my ProMarkers to colour them when I needed them.  I’m running out of the leaves so that’s a good excuse to go back for some more J

I used two shades of textured card stock for this card, I seem to be into green as well (weird, as green isn’t a colour I usually would go for but hey ho J) so picked a light and a darker shade.  I used Distress Ink – Peeled Paint for all the edges.  I coloured my fella with ProMarkers and the ribbon originally was cream and brown so I used the same ProMarker as his coat and did a colour match.  I’ve gone a bit mad with the EK Success punch, it was the first time I’d tried punching all around the edges with this particular punch and got carried away lol.  I double stamped the sentiment I thought the effects of the beer would have made him see double.  I used two bottle caps and Glossy Accents, the first layer I added some green glitter then when dry I used the Krystal Tips ‘Birthday Icons’ stamp set from Dimension Fourth ref: 1900005c to add the pint glass, I cut it out using a small circle punch but I couldn’t see the glitter very well so randomly cut around the circle before adding it to the bottle cap again with Glossy Accents.


No comments:

Post a Comment