Friday, 11 February 2011

Scott's 50th

I needed to make a card for a 50th, so I had a look through my paper stash and found a nice 12 x 12 one that I’d bought from Costco ages ago.  It had a waterside picture on it but you couldn’t see it once I’d cut everything out, on the other side of the paper was a darker patchy pattern so I used it as a background.  I cut the wording out on my Cricut Expression but did the layout in my SCAL software.  I cut the 12 x 12 paper in half and lay both halves onto my cutting mat, one half being the darker side.  While I was doing the wording I did Scott’s name again so I could put one on the envelope.  Before I stuck the wording onto the shadow background I used a Sakura silver pen to outline the letters.  For the background I used some digi paper that had a faint damask pattern on it but that didn’t matter as I just wanted the colour.  In Microsoft Publisher I cropped the paper to the size I needed, copied then pasted it, so both images were on top of each other, then on the front image I cropped and lightened it, on the back image I darkened it so now it looks like two pieces of paper.  I printed then cut it out, attached it to my white base card (can you tell its only one piece J), I also used this for the insert just adding some text.  I used some silver dew drops in the corners and attached the wording with foam tape.  A quick and easy card.

No comments:

Post a Comment