Wednesday, 23 February 2011

Reverse Easel Card’s

I first did this style of card last July (I’ll put the pictures at the end of this post), I like the DL cards but I’m not so keen on them when they are on their side.  So I gave it a little thought and came up with the reverse easel, I don’t think I’ve seen them anywhere else and if I have then sorry for thinking it was my own fold. J  Using an A4 piece of card score at 4” and again at 8” the shorter left over bit is the base of the card.

For this card I applied a gradient from black to blue, then used a flourish brush with a leaf end and finished the background off with a starburst inside the leaves.  The alphabet I had in my digi stash, really strong colours in the candy stripe, I also added a black stroke the edge of the letters.  Matt and layered onto silver mirri then onto black before attaching to a white base card.  For the back of the card I again used silver mirri and black card for the matting of the text and the happy birthday ribbon.  A very quick card.
Because Suzan is away on holiday this week she has taken her cards and presents with her so I wanted to keep everything as portable as possible, which gave me the idea of the postage stamps on the envelope.  I used the Clarity Stamps stamp and one of their mini happy birthday stamps to sit inside the stamp (there seems to be a lot of stamp/s in this section J).  I’d bought her a sewing ruler as she is wanting to get into patchwork, so instead of wrapping it I made an envelope to match the card.  I did a side opening envelope instead of a top opening, much less hassle. 

This is my first reverse easel card, I made it last July with the ‘Snow Doubt It’s Christmas’ stamp set from Dimension Fourth ref: 2400034a.  I masked the snowmen to make a longer line of dancing snowmen.  I made some snowflake digi paper in blue, you can’t see much of it in this card but it’s in the background, so I matt and layered the snowmen onto blue holographic card which I’d extended using scalloped edged Nesties.  On the base at the back of this card I stuck two stars from my stash.

This one I did last August and used the ‘No Room at the Inn’ stamp set from Dimension Fourth ref: 2400067a.  Did quite a bit of masking in this card and used ProMarkers to colour.  Used the bales of hay for the back of the card with a little lamb sat on them, the ‘Season’s Greetings’ stamp is from the ‘Festive Wonder’ stamp set from Dimension Fourth ref: 2400009a.

So to have that little bit of extra support at the base of this card makes me feel better and not think it’s going to end up on someone’s mantelpiece as a flat card lol J

No comments:

Post a Comment