Thursday, 10 February 2011

David's Address Book

Last weekend we were out and about shopping, now people who know me will think I had been ill as I don't do shopping lol.  Anyway, my husband David wanted an address book, but not any old address book it had to have plenty of room in it.  I was actually loosing the will to live and offered to make one.  For Christmas David bought me a We R Memory Keepers - Cinch Book Binding Machine so if I made something for him he couldn't say I never use it J.  
I had a look through our office supplies and found some A5 dividers, they are all different colours but hey ho. So using Microsoft Publisher I put together an A5 page with all the details he wanted.  I cut out two pieces of  mount board for the front and back, but couldn't decide what paper to use to cover them.  Then, I went to Dimension Fourth last night and had a mooch through all the lovely papers Aly has in the shop and found the Graphic 45 range, I bought four and used three, I have one left to look at and stroke lol.  This link shows you the paper I got http://www.g45papers.com/products/communique-category/a-fine-specimen  I covered the front and back mount board with the dark side and used the light side for the lettering (these were done on the scrap pieces of paper as I didn't want to use my last sheet J).  I stamped the 'Plain Lower Case Alphabet' (Dimension Forth ref: 1801014a) onto Post-It notes first so I could mask the letters and overlap them.  I used VersaFine - Onyx Black and clear embossing powder for the letters and cut them out, I was going to matt it on black but David wanted it leaving as it is.  On the dividers I used the 'Address Book' stamps from Dimension Fourth ref: 1801015a, he couldn't wait to take it off me so I think he's happy with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment