Friday, 28 January 2011

Expanding Memories

Hanni my daughter has two birthday gatherings next month and she didn’t know what to give as gifts, so ‘Muuummmmmm will you make me a memory box’, which actually turned into ‘but I need two’.  I’d made one of these a couple of years ago for her to give to a friend, so luckily I downloaded the instructions from TVWeekly.com – The Scrapbook Lounge, I have had a look to see if they are still available but I can’t find them anywhere.  If you do a search on Google you will find lots of other projects as videos, but the tvweekly.com website isn't there any more.

Hanni said brown and pink for Vicki, but not girlie.  So I had to keep it as plain as possible.  I used some brown/gold and some pink pearlescent card for the main body of the box.  I had some matching brown/gold paper so used this on the top with a Martha Stewart punch.  For the name I used the Winter Woodland cartridge on my Cricut Expressions machine.  To hold the box closed I used Grosgrain ribbon and a little brad to hold the D-rings.  While I had all the bits and pieces out to make the box I thought I’d make a matching card.  Even though Hanni said not girlie I thought why not, so using My Craft Studio – Sassy Chic I found the perfect colour match straight away (if I’d have wanted to use a particular image I wouldn’t have been able to find one, but because I was only half looking it was just there J), so just printed it, used my Chomper to do a ¼” rounded corner, matt and layered it, then added brads.  I used Shapeabilities – Double Ended Tags for the sentiment with a gold ‘Happy Birthday’ peel off and brads to finish.  I attached the topper and sentiment to the brown/gold card with foam tape then used black glitter to highlight the dress.

For this next box Hanni said that Sarah is a very sporty person and could I also keep it plain.  So I did the box in plain black card and white with black spots card for the top.  I did everything the same as the one above, using black with white spots Grosgrain ribbon.  I used a white card for her name, I didn't think the spotty card would work very well.  For the card I again used My Craft Studio – Sassy Chic as next to the image above was the image of the dress on its own.  So I made it into a tag with a black border, I had some white card left over from the name so I embossed it with my Cuttlebug – Swiss Dots folder and tucked it behind the tag.  I again used the Martha Stewart punch on some left over black card to make the border.  I cut out the Double Ended Tag in white and matted it onto black.  Hanni wanted ‘Marshall’s 21st’ writing on the tag, so I had to handwrite it, omg, I hate writing on things like this but ‘hey ho’.  To finish off, again I added black glitter to the dress.



No comments:

Post a Comment