Monday, 10 January 2011

Birthday card for my Hubby

The 8th was my husband’s birthday and I wanted to try something a little different for his card.  I used the ‘Mr Sophisticated’ stamp set from Dimension Fourth and Distress Inks – Antique Linen and Vintage Photo.  I used white for the base card and edged it used the Antique Linen ink.  For the background I used white card.  The images were stamped using the Vintage Photo and some of them were water coloured and then I masked off with Post-It notes around each stamped section, randomly one at a time, I used both the inks to blend the edges of each section and left a border around each one.  I actually just made it up as I went along.  Once all sections had been stamped and inked, I used the Antique Linen on any white bits that were left showing.  Once dry I mounted the background onto some brown/gold card and attached to the base card.  For the sentiment topper I used the ‘Plain Alphabet’ and ‘Plain Lower Case Alphabet’ stamp sets and a small ‘Happy Birthday’ stamp all from Dimension Fourth.  I stamped the capital ’D’ then the lowercase ‘d’ onto the white card (I’d already cut out the card to the size I wanted), then positioned the other stamps in between the ‘d’s’ before masking and stamping them, I used a ProMarker - Caramel to add a bit of shading to the letters.  There was just enough room in between the ‘D’ and the ‘i’ to fit the ‘Happy Birthday’ stamp, then I used both inks to blend the edges before mounting it onto the brown/gold card.  I attached it to the card using foam pads.  I think I'm going to have another go at this kind of background using different colours and different stamps, the 'Fabulously Feminine' set from Dimension Fourth would make a nice girlie card, so I think 'watch this space' is in order J

No comments:

Post a Comment