Thursday, 16 December 2010

This year's Christmas cards

They’re done at last, I wasn’t going to do batch cards this year but that’s what I’ve ended up doing with most of my Christmas cards.  Next year I intend to make them as I go along and try and get some variation, I think I’m trying to convince myself here, we’ll see.  lol

The backing paper for these cards is a digital image from Pink Petticoat – Large Snowflakes.  I used the gold and the silver snowflakes as the background and I have images of various bits of sheet music, I can’t remember where I got them from I’ve had them in my digi stash for ages.  I use Photoshop Elements to do my digi stuff like scrapbooking, card making, labels and tags, well lots of things really, so I used the ‘We Wish You a Merry Christmas’ music and layered it on top of the snowflakes, giving it a drop shadow.  I had sized the background to fit an A5 card front making it easier to cut out and mount on to mirri card.  For the toppers I have used the Santa from the November Project Club stamp set from Dimension Fourth.  I stamped him in various coloured inks, coloured him in using some watercolour pencils, others I used ProMarkers, but all are glittered around the cape, around his hat and not to forget his bobble.  I finished off with a gold or silver snowflake.  I did intend to do other designs for this years Christmas cards but really got carried away with these.  The photo isn't very good, I'd lost the daylight by the time I'd remembered to take it but I think you get the idea.

3 comments:

  1. Looking good there Jackie .
    I think i will be buying mine, been in bed all week and have no interest in either Christmas or Cards
    Defo need to try and make at least 2 crimbo cards a month next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I'm also a member of Dimension Fourth's Project Club which is how I 'found' your blog! I love this Christmas stamp, a really traditional image, and really like the way you've used it with all the different colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo, thanks for your comment. Like I said in my post I actually only intended to use this stamp on a few more cards but I liked it that much I just got carried away. I ended up experimenting with all my inks and embossing powders, before I knew it I'd done enough for my cards for this year.

    ReplyDelete