Monday, 6 December 2010

Project Club - December 2010

Originally this post was from the Dimension Fourth Project Club, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.  I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

This month's Project Club is going to be very useful for all your calendars, special occasion cards, invitations and much more.  In the set you will find the main calendar grid with the days of the week already set out, single numbers, a January stamp, seven strips of numbers for the dates, a smiley stamp, a star stamp and two flower border stamps.

This is the easel card I made with this month's set.
Hope you enjoy making it as much as I did.
 I like to have a little practice before I start especially if stamping onto shapes, so on a sheet of scrap paper I drew around one of the largest shapes two or three times.  I inked up the calendar grid and stamped within the lines.  Once I felt confident enough I stamped on to the cut out light coloured label shape.  If it hadn't have gone quite to plan and I needed another shape, I would have been able to use the shape as a template and cut as many as I liked or use Nestabilities – Labels Four.  Using the small single number stamps I finished off the year at the sides and the January stamp in the next box, as shown in the picture.  I have left the scrap page pictures to show my scribbles before stamping on to my calendar shape.
Using Post-It notes I masked off the days of the week at the top and bottom of the grid.  On another Post-It, I stamped and cut out one single square of the grid to mask the date of the occasion required.  For this card I used the 10th January for a birthday.  Starting with the first of the month (Saturday 1st January 2011) I stamped the date stamps into the relevant squares.  At this point I counted on and placed the small square Post-It over the 10th square on the grid.  If your date is the 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd or 29th then place your small square Post-It before stamping the dates.  The second strip of date stamps were overhanging the grid and the 30th stamped onto the Post-It, before changing the dates I re-inked and stamped the 30th at the top of the column.  I changed the dates and did the same for the 3rd – 31st.  I then finished the rest of the dates.
I removed all the Post-It notes and I used the smiley face stamp to mark the date of the occasion.
Using the smaller lightest coloured label shape I stamped my sentiment, for this card I used the Krystal Tips Alphabet and stamped happy birthday.  I cut down the middle of both the larger and smaller darker coloured shapes, and snipped off the tips of the cut halves so they don’t show when I stuck them to the back of the stamped lighter shapes.  I attached the darker, cut shapes to the back of the lighter stamped shapes leaving about a 1cm extension at the end points, see picture below.  I stuck foam tape to the back of both shapes.
Time to assemble the card – I opened up the folded base card and folded one of the sides inward to meet the middle.  Completely closing the card I added double sided tape from the opening edge up to and not over the newly folded line.  I then matt and layered the light square onto the gold and then on to the darker square card to form the card front.  I matt and layered the card strips the same as the squares.  I removed the backing on the double sided tape from the card base and attached the square card front.  I cut up (see picture below) and arranged the large gold flourish to sit under the calendar shape and once happy I stuck them down with PVA glue.  I attached the calendar shape to the front of the card.  I attached the strip to the inside front of the card, leaving about a 1cm gap at the front opening.  I cut and arranged the smaller gold flourish, then stuck into place.  Last of all I stuck the sentiment shape to the middle of the strip.  

I wanted this calendar to start on the 1st January 2012 so that I will be able to do a page a month.  When the Project Club stamps come through my door next month I’ll have the ‘February’ stamp for my next page.   I trimmed an A5 piece of white card for this calendar page and mounted it onto an A5 green pearlescent card.   I used VersaFine – Black Onyx to stamp the calendar grid onto another piece of white card and cut out the shape taking off the outer edge.  I filled in all the dates etc. then used the rose stamp from the ‘Tis the Season’ stamp set with VersaFine – Smokey Gray on the grid part of the calendar, masking off everything else.  I then used watercolour pencils and faintly colouring the rose and leaves.  Back to the A5 white card, I placed the calendar shape onto the card and using pencil marked the points, then using a ruler drew faint lines to line up the dots.  Using VersaFine – Black Onyx I stamped the flower border using the lines as a guide, I then coloured them in with watercolour pencils.  I stuck the calendar shape onto the page with foam tape.  The rose stamp was used on another piece of white card to make up a topper.  I again used watercolour pencils to colour and roughly blended with a water brush.  Matted the topper onto the green pearlescent card and attached to the calendar page with double sided tape.

I asked my daughter to pick two colours for a birthday party invite and she chose her two favourites orange and blue.  So here it is, a bit bright I know but hay ho J.  On white card I stamped the calendar grid and both sentiments using VersaFine – Black Onyx, I embossed both sentiments with detail clear embossing powder but left the grid.  I coloured the sentiments with an orange ProMarker before matting them onto blue card.  Using a blue ProMarker I coloured in the four corners of the calendar and with the orange ProMarker I coloured the outer edge.  I gave the calendar a dusting of Distress Ink – Broken China.  I had a look through my stash and found some foam shapes which I used to highlight the date of the party then remembered I’d some glitter from Rita (paperfolder, thank you Rita J) that would match, so using a quickie glue pen glittered the edge.  On orange card I stamped a number seven and a clock using VersaFine - Black Onyx ink pad, the stamps are from the Krystal Tips range from Dimension Fourth.  After matting onto the blue card I attached both background panels to the white card base.  I attached the calendar and both sentiments I used foam tape.

For this card I used Baby Pink Linen effect card for the base.  I have some check papers in my stash and they measure about A6, so cut the corners off and using for the background.  I have a Birth Certificate stamp from Dimension Fourth and have only used it twice before so that inspired me to do a baby announcement card.  So onto white card I stamped the certificate, the sentiment using the Krystal Tip Alphabet and the calendar all with VersaFine – Onyx Black and embossed with detail clear embossing powder.  I then used Distress Ink – Spun Sugar to colour around all the edges, after cutting out I mounted them onto white card and using a pink Whispers Permanent Marker added the stitched effect all around them.  I stuck the certificate down with double sided tape and the calendar with foam pads.  I added a charm to the sentiment before attaching to the card using foam pads.

I seem to be hearing about weddings a lot lately so thought I’d do something with this border stamp.  I stamped the two borders using VersaMark ink and then embossed using detail silver embossing powder.  I used the Krystal Tip Alphabet for the sentiment.  Stamped everything straight onto the white card and added a Mei Flower bow which I attached using silicone glue.  A very quick and easy card.
I got to thinking about wedding stationery in general and thought the corner stamp would work for a complete theme, so I made the place setting card to match.

Every new year, when asked if I’m going to make any resolutions, I always say ‘If I don’t make them I can’t break them’ lol.  So for this ATC I at least had a thought, however brief, to try.  Using VersaMark I stamped the text (Krystal Tip Alphabet) and calendar grid then embossed using detail white embossing powder.  Then used Mica paints to smudge and blend in the background, it is shiny but you can’t see it very well in this photo.

If you do get time, why don't you send me your ATC's.

Have a Happy Christmas and all the best for the New Year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment