Wednesday, 24 November 2010

Project Club - November 2010

Originally this post was from the Dimension Fourth Project Club, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.  I thought putting all the posts together would be better and easier to find things.

This month’s project club stamps from Dimension Fourth are very festive, I really enjoyed using them.  I could have carried on and on making these cards, I still have ideas swimming around my head, so will definitely be using this set for some more of my cards this Christmas.  If you'd like to join the Project Club visit the Dimension Fourth website, all the details are there.  In this month's set there is a Santa with a snowflake and script background, a Sprig of holly, a Happy Christmas with holly sentiment and a text (Handmade With Love at Christmas) stamp.

 I found a bit of ribbon and really liked the colour of it so wanted to make a card around it and this is what I came up with.  I used the Santa stamp with VersaMark and white embossing powder onto white card, then inked all over it using Big and Juicy – Waterfall ink pad, this is the closest I could get to the ribbon and not a bad match even if I do say so myself J  I used a smaller piece of card and stamped the Santa on it again in white embossing powder, then inked before cutting it up into strips, I attached the stripes to my white card base weaving one end before sticking down.  I masked off the 'Handmade With' section of the text stamp and using the waterfall ink and clear embossing powder stamped it onto white card.  I then matted the sentiment onto navy blue card stock and placed it as shown, the Santa I matted onto white card before the navy card then attaching it.

For this card I used VersaFine - Smoky Gray ink to stamp Santa so I could get a faded out background, I did the same with the end sprigs of holly for the border.  On another piece of white card I stamped the holly sentiment, Santa and the centre holly in the border in black Memento and coloured in using Promarkers.  I matted all three pieces onto green mirri then onto gold mirri.  For the background I found a pad of papers I've had for ages, cut out the required size then I decided to cut a corner off before sticking a border peel off all around it.  The holly border and the sentiment were attached using double sided tape and the Santa was attached using foam tape.

A very quick card this one, using gold and cream.  I folded some cream card then cut the front off and onto this I stamped Santa in VersaMark and then used detail gold embossing powder.  I coloured the hat and cape in using Distress Ink - Old Paper.  Using my Cuttlebug and cream card I cut out two poinsettia petals and in gold holographic card I cut out one of the leaves and one centre bit.  With a quickie glue pen and some gold glitter I did the vain detail on the petals before gluing them together with silicone glue.  I mounted the Santa onto gold holographic mirri and attached to the card.  I cut out and attached some acetate to the front of the card and used gold border peel offs to finish.

I found some textured thick paper in my stash so made this card with it.  I used some green card stock for the background and used a Martha Stewart snowflake punch/emboss edge punch.  I cut out two tags in green and two in cream on my Cricut then stamped with Memento ink the sentiment on one and Santa on the other.  Coloured with ProMarkers and edged around the tags with Distress Ink.  I used a quickie glue pen and went over the sentiment, the snowflakes, hat and cape before adding some glitter.  There is actually two pieces of ribbon running though the holes in the tags to finish off.

I thought I'd make a gift tag to go with the above card.  You can see both pieces of ribbon better on this photo.  I randomly squiggled around the edge of the tag with the quickie glue pen and added the glitter, I glittered the sentiment as well.

Was having a mess with the sprig of holly and had a go at making some kind of wreath, did it on scrap paper before committing it to card.  I used Memento - Cottage Ivy to double stamp them to give a faded look to some of the holly, I used ProMarkers to colour in and the faded holly I left white.  I used a check red/green backing paper onto the card base, then finished off with a red border peel off before attaching the topper and sentiment both matted onto holographic red card.

I also did an ATC with the same background as the card above.  I stamped the Santa onto shrink plastic and coloured in with my watercolour pencils.  Once shrunk I stuck it onto the ATC with silicone glue.



2 comments:

  1. You sure were on a roll with this set Jackie .
    Love them all, its such a nice stamp a very traditional Santa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita, he's very nice isn't he, I am going to make more using him. Thank you for your comments Rita. xx

    ReplyDelete