Sunday, 14 November 2010

Oriental Dreams

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

This set of stamps from Dimension Fourth are of an oriental theme and there's loads that can be done with them.  I have today seen the samples from Suzan and Rita and they are lovely, just showing the versatility of these stamps.  The set comprises of a Geisha girl, a Samurai, a bamboo stick with leaves, two text stamps, four blossom stamps, a flower, a coin, a koi carp, a butterfly and a fan. 

For this card I used a template I have, but I can’t remember where I got it and who actually made it.  The template is quite versatile and does have feet at the bottom but I decided to not cut those out.  I used basic black card and stamped the oriental text all over it using VersaMark and clear embossing powder.  Using gold mirri I cut out the panel and for the inner panel I stamped the images as shown using Memento ink so I could use my ProMarkers.  I went round the edges of the panels with the Distress Ink – Weathered Wood.  I have also added some Glaze pen but its quite hard to see in this photo.

I cut a circle for the middle of this card using the Nestabilities – Standard Circles Large and stamped the fish using Memento – Tuxedo Black ink and coloured in using ProMarkers.  For the quarter squares I used Memento – Paris Dusk for the butterflies and again coloured in using ProMarkers.  I then went around all the edges with the Distress Ink – Broken China, being careful not to get too much in the yellow as I didn’t want any green colour accidents.  I matted the squares onto a blue shiny card and attached the fish topper with shaker tape.


I did a Google search for some inspiration while making these cards having not done much with the oriental theme and found some place cards for a wedding, so below is my take on those cards.  I used the 'Krystal Tips' alphabet, then stamped one of the blossom branches in the corner.  I masked off the the blossom flowers before masking and inking the corners using Adirondack - Pink Sherbet.  After removing all the masks I used ProMarkers to colour the flowers.  A friend of mine Susan (Stamping Sue) gave me the small pearls and I couldn't wait to use them and I thought they'd look nice on something for a wedding.  Thank you Sue J

Used the largest circle on the Nestabilities – Standard Circles Large die set to make the centre point for this card.  Stamped the Geisha Girl then masked her so I could stamp the blossom, clouds, sea, railings and grass behind her, I used Memento for the blossom and Big and Juicy – Waterfall for the grass, sea and clouds.  I then coloured the blossom with ProMarkers and used a grey ProMarker for the railings.  I stamped the Geisha girl again but this time onto patterned paper and cut out her clothes.  Stamped and cut out eight fans and coloured them in with ProMarkers making four a little darker before sticking them to the back of the circle.  I used green pearlescent card for the background and large lilac gems in the corners.

1 comment:

  1. Fabby Cards Jackie
    do like the last one still amazed at how we can all come up with differet ideas from the same set of stamps

    ReplyDelete