Friday, 5 November 2010

Large Letters

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

This set of stamps from Dimension Fourth consist of three large letters and three word endings, H and appy, B and irthday, finally C and hristmas.  The letters stand at 9cm high and the word ending measure just over 1cm for the normal letters and the ascenders and descenders are 2cm high, really nice chunky letters.

I used pearlescent blue card with an acetate front for this card.  Using VersaMark I stamped the H and C and embossed with detail white embossing powder.  I then stamped onto snowflake paper I'd had in my stash for years and years, I used the 'Words for Alphabet' stamps also from Dimension Fourth as these were smaller than the ones in the HBC set and stamped them into the letters before cutting them out and inserting them into the middle of the white embossed letters.  I used white card for the snowy base and ripped the top edge before putting glitter on, you can't see the glitter very well though.  Silver border peel offs and silver candies to finish off.

I'd bought a new Cuttlebug folder called 'Clockworks' and wanted to use it on something so I decided to do a birthday card for a man.  For this card I stamped the H, B, appy and irthday with Memento ink onto white card then I used the bolt stamp from the 'Mechanic Set' of stamps from Dimension Fourth to fill in the letters.  I used two shades of the warm grey ProMarkers to colour the bolts then went round them with pale blue ProMarker to highlight them, I also added the pale blue to the words to add a shadow, although it doesn't show up very well on these photo's.  I matted the letters and words onto blue card and glittered around them using a mid-tone blue glitter.  After putting the blue background onto my card I embossed a piece of pearl card with my Cuttlebug and cut around the design, but it looked a bit lost so I cut it into odd quarters to fill the background a bit.  I glittered around the shapes and used the dew drops in silver for each of the corners.  I then attached the letters and words using foam pads to give height.

No your not seeing things I have done this card before, in fact it was last week for my nephew's birthday but this one I wanted to be a little different so I added some glitter to the black areas of the paper and got a really nice green sparkle.

I had a rummage through my paper stash and found this multi-coloured piece.  I put some onto pink mirri and attached it to this DL card.  I stamped the H and B onto white card and used the appy and irthday from the 'Words for Alphabets' again, I then used Cosmic Shimmer Mist - Angel Mist which is a pale shade of pink and spritzed the letters before cutting them out and attaching to the card using foam pads.  I used a quickie glue pen and pink glitter on all the pink shapes on the background paper.

Thought these letters would work very well with shrink plastic, so used StazOn ink to stamp the H and C.  I have the 'Christmas Icons' stamps they are part of the Krystal Tips range from Dimension fourth, I used the present stamp to fill the letters.  I coloured the presents with a red metallic and white Gelly Roll Sakura pens, before cutting out and shrinking.  For the background I stamped the words appy and hristmas then used a selection of different sized snowflakes from Dimension Fourth with VersaFina - Satin Red ink and clear embossing powder.  I matted the snowflake background onto red mirri card then attached it to the card before adding the shrunk H and C.

1 comment:

  1. Great work as always Jackie
    i will have to get mine on my blog

    ReplyDelete