Monday, 29 November 2010

Chocolate Innocence

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

Mmmmmmm chocolate lol.  A new set of stamps from Dimension Fourth called Chocolate Innocence, I must confess while making these cards I needed chocolate and I don’t really eat that much of it J.  In the set is a tray that holds six chocolates, the six chocolates, a bow and five sentiments.  Visit the Dimension Fourth web site to purchase these stamps.

I stamped the three text stamps onto some brown card using VersaMark and then embossed with detail clear embossing powder, I stamped them randomly all over to make a background.  Then again using the VersaMark I inked all around the edge before using detail gold embossing powder to highlight the edge of the card.  Using a Nestabilities – Labels Ten in cream (thank you Susan) I stamped the text in the middle and curved the longer piece of text to fit around the shape of the label, using VersaMark ink and detail gold embossing powder.  I trimmed off the bottom of the label and using my VersaMark pen inked around the label and again used detail gold embossing powder before attaching it to the card.  I stamped the heart chocolate three times onto some matching brown card using VersaMark and them embossed with detail clear powder.  In my stash I had some gold hearts so used three of them in a fan formation, doing the same with the chocolates using silicone glue.  To finish off I attached three dark brown candies to the top of the label.

The backing paper for this card is a digital paper from Pink Petticoat – Elegance papers and there are loads to choose from, have a look at their website: http://www.pinkpetticoat.co.uk/   I layered both the negative and positive papers on top of each other twice.  Then used the crop tool and cropped the top layer back to only fill a quarter of the require size, next I cropped the second layer to half, the third was cropped to three quarter.  You can see from the effect that the entire pattern matches right across the page.  I will be using this effect again, that’s for sure. 
I used the chocolate heart stamp and the Versa Fine – Satin Red to lightly stamp the hearts onto the background of a Nestabilities – Labels Ten and VersaMark I inked the edges and embossed using detail gold embossing powder, I did the same for the sentiment which is also from Dimension Fourth.  Layered the bow stamp again four times and used VersaFine – Satin Red and a red watercolour pencil to add the colour, I also used a red Sakura to add a little sparkle to the edges of the bow. Using my Big and Juicy – Spice ink pad I stamped three chocolates and clear embossed them before colouring in with ProMarkers.  The flowers are from my stash, they are all a cream colour and the colour can be changed very easily so I used ProMarkers.  Used shaker tape to attach the label and silicone glue to attach everything else.

I used basic brown card stock for this card, I also used it to matt the sentiments.  For the background I stamped the chocolates onto a dark cream card using Big and Juicy – Spice and then darken the edges of the background using a dusting of Distress Ink – Antique Linen.  I stamped the tray, chocolates and sentiments using VersaFine – Onyx Black and embossed with detail clear embossing powder.  Using the brown card stock I punched the edge using an EK Success punch before attaching the sentiments.  I coloured the tray with ProMarkers then all around the edge I used a matching colour glitter.  The bow I stamped four times using Memento Ink and coloured with ProMarkers, I then cut the bow up to make four different layers and stuck together using silicone glue once dried I used the same coloured glitter as on the tray to define the edges of the bow.  I attached the sentiments straight onto the background with a tape pen, the tray with shaker tape, the bow with silicone glue and once I’d coloured the chocolates with ProMarkers stuck them with the silicone glue as well.

I used gold pearlescent card from Create and Craft, it worked really well because it is double sided and I didn’t have any white bits showing.  I stamped the bow four times using VersaMark and detail gold embossing powder, coloured it in using Distress Ink – Fired Brick and a water pen.  I then cut it out into layers and built it up using silicone glue.  For the tag I used some apricot coloured card and added some Distress Ink – Old Paper to the edges before attaching it to some red mirri card, I used the sentiment ‘With Love’ which is also from Dimension Fourth before attaching a red heart brad.  The ribbon is a foil one with stars on it, and was attached using PVA.
For the inside of the box I stamped the chocolate tray twice onto the apricot card using the Big and Juicy – Spice ink pad and embossed with clear embossing powder.  Once I cut this out I could use this for the measurements to make the base of the box.  I added a 1cm raise for the sides of the box and just doubled the lid so I could make it into an easel card/box.  I used the Distress Ink – Old Paper over the tray before sticking two layers of shaker tape to the underneath and inserting it into the base.  For the chocolates I used the Big and Juicy – Spice ink pad, for the red hearts I used Adirondack – Watermelon, for the white chocolates I used Memento – Desert Sand and quickly used clear embossing powder on all of them.  I then carefully used ProMarkers to colour them in before cutting them out and using silicone glue stuck them in the box.  I used a Martha Stewart – String Lace punch and added some of the apricot card with lightly stamped bows on it, then used the Distress Ink – Old Paper all over it, the sentiment is from Dimension Fourth and I used the darkest brown from the Big and Juicy – Spice ink pad and clear embossing powder to finish.



1 comment:

  1. Great cards Jackie .
    yes I WANT chocy now too lol .

    ReplyDelete