Friday, 5 November 2010

Autumn my favourite time of the year

Originally this post was under the Dimension Fourth heading, using their stamps, then the name change to Dimensions Stamps.  Now the name is Nina Crafts and the old names have been dropped.

Another new set of stamps from Dimension Fourth called Autumnal; Gold and Brown, I really enjoyed working with these stamps, but then it is my favourite time of the year.  There's eight different types of leaves, a pine cone, a ladybird, a cluster of mushrooms, a verse, harvest mice and the word 'Autumn' in this set.  They are perfect for all the lovely Autumn colours.

I made this easel card using cream card stock.  I stamped the verse onto cream card with Memento - Rich Cocoa ink then I stamped the leaves onto a thick patterned paper that had just the right autumn colours in it, I used the Memento ink just in case I had to use my ProMarkers to add a little more colour but I was happy with the result so didn't need to use them.  I cut loads out, just kept going until I got fed up really.  I used a textured gold mirri card for the background then attached the verse.  I attached the leaves with silicone glue and had some of the smaller ones left over so I think I got fed up at just the right time lol.  I used the cream candies for the corners.  For the base I stamped another leaf shape then coloured them in using watercolour pencils, then I used the Distress Ink - Old Paper to slightly darken the cream it looked too light.  I matted the sentiment onto the gold mirri and attached it using foam pads. 

I half covered the base card with brown pearlescent card then wrapped pale yellow paper around the card from front to just overlapping about 2cm around the back.  I randomly stamped the leaf around the edge of the card, but then I had a brain wave, I still had some of the smaller leaves cut out from the last card.  You'll never guess - I had just enough, jammie or what, I didn't have any more of the paper left so if I'd have planned it then it wouldn't have happened.  I stuck the leaves on with foam pads.  For the topper I used the 'Postage Stamps' set from Dimension Fourth, I have used this set quite a lot for all sorts of frames.  So onto white card and using Memento Ink I stamped the layout you see below, the verse just fits nicely in the largest of the postage stamps.  I coloured the leaves and the mice with ProMarkers and edged everything with the Ivory ProMarker.

I hadn't done a diamond top card for ages so that was my next card.  I stamped the images onto white card and this time I used my watercolour pencils to colour them in.  Once coloured I used the Distress Ink - Old Paper around the edges of the white card then matted it onto a golden brown card before attaching them to the base card.  This was quite quick to do actually.

My last piece of copper pearlescent card L so I wanted to make it count.  I thought a shutter card using lots of copper.  I cut out all the needed shapes in the copper pearlescent and white card and arranged them on my desk in the correct order before I stamped them using VersaMark and detail copper embossing powder.  For the topper I cut out the white card using the Nestabilities - Deckled Rectangles, and stamped the sprig and some leaves again using the VersaMark and detail copper, on another piece of white card I stamped and embossed the pine cone then coloured in using watercolour pencils before cutting it out.  I attached the pine cone to the topper using silicone glue, this covered all the cross over points of the leaves, then mounted onto my very last piece of copper card before attaching to the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment