Thursday, 7 October 2010

A memory box

The granddaughter of a friend of mine (Rita) is having a baby, it should have happened last Thursday but he's not ready to make an appearance yet.  I wanted to make something a little different, so after having a rummage in my template drawer I found my Arty Farty templates.  Luckily I know Jenna and Lee are having a little boy and they are going to call him Jack, so I could put a name on the box.

I have used the Daisy Blooming Box. http://www.artyfartydesign.co.uk/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=447&=SID It comes in three sizes and I used the largest with white 300gsm card as my base. Baby blue linen card for the top layers, which I put through my Cuttlebug using the Swiss Dots folder.  I needed a good strong vellum and found in my stash a pad I've had for quite a while of Anita's Classic Christmas Silver Vellums, they're 120gsm and it is a 6"x6" pad, I used the striped sheets.  What to do about the pictures - I wanted to put Tatty Teddy on the box but I didn't have enough in my stash to fit all around the box so after a bit of thought and as Jenna likes Shaun the Sheep I used those.  I mounted the pictures onto Baby Blue pearlescent card before attaching them to the box and used the pearlescent card to make a gift tag.  For the picture on the lid I left enough space to put the name before mounting it on pearlescent card.  For the name itself I using my Cricut Expressions machine with the 'Plantin SchoolBook' cartridge.  This is my latest cartridge and I use it all the time, I always get my cartridges from http://www.smartcrafts.co.uk because of good prices, wide range of Cricut products and a very helpful Nicola.  The name was cut out of the Baby Blue Linen card and around the edges I used the baby blue ProMarker, just to make it stand out a bit.  I have bought a couple of Snuggle Chums rattles (lambs - it had to be) from Babies R Us, but the packaging is too big for the box so I'll have to find something a little smaller.  It will have to be something in keeping with the theme though. J



1 comment:

  1. They will love it Jackie its beautiful.
    We are all fed up waiting for this wee man to arrive.lol
    Rita x

    ReplyDelete